If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs
Please give us a call first to discuss whether you are suitably matched and we can then arrange an appointment to meet your chosen dog.
Danemere Animal Rescue is open to the public from 11:30 - 3:30 every day.
Home checks are required before any dog is rehomed. This can take up to 7 - 10 days as all of our home checkers are volunteers. All of our dogs are vaccinated, microchipped, de-flea'd, wormed and neutered (if old enough). The adoption fee for all dogs is £125.00 which is non-refundable.
If you have seen a dog on our website / Instagram / Facebook page that you are interested in please give us a call on 0190545655 to discuss whether they are still available. Please be aware that we are unable to reserve any animal via phone or email. You will have to visit us and meet the animal before we can reserve the animal to you and start the adoption process.
Upon arrival please report to reception.
Please take a look on our homing procedures page for more information
The dogs below are available for rehoming. Please take a look:
Hunter - Staffie X, D.O.B -25/11/2021 HUNTER IS NOW RESERVED
Hunter arrived with us due to his previous owners ill health.
Hunter has not been with us long - we will update with more information as we get to know his personality.
- Lovely boy - very friendly with all people
- Lived with cats in previous home (no issues)
- Likes a lot of attention - adores toys and playing, fine with toys being taken off him but can sometimes turn into a game.
- We think he would be PERFECT for agility (not a requirement but possibly something fun, engaging and rewarding for both Hunter and his new owner!)
- Travels well in the car
- Crate trained
- Basic commands: sit/wait/leave it/down
- Ok with female dogs but unsure with males
Hunter needs to be taught some lead manners as he is quite bouncy at the moment - mainly due to the fact he wants attention and a fuss. We think that Hunter would benefit greatly from an owner that can give plenty of time into training this young boy. He would enjoy plenty of long walks and adventures in his new home.
Ozzy - Belgain Shepherd, D.O.B - 05/07/22
Ozzy has found himself in our care due to his previous owner moving house and their landlords pet restriction policy.
Ozzy is a very loving boy who just wants as much attention as he can possibly get. Being a puppy he is learning and testing boundaries. Ozzy will benefit grately from an owner that is prepared to spend lots of time with 1-1 training / puppy training classes to learn manners ready for the big wide world. Ozzy responds well to positive reinforcement techniques i.e through food/treats.
When feeding Ozzy he is very well behaved - patient and will sit and give paw for his food.
Ozzy will need to learn some lead manners as he can become very boisterous and playful out on a lead ( often tug of war/general jumping) and even though he is a pup he is very strong so will need an owner who can manage his strength and be firm with him when needed otherwise it turns into rather a fun game for Oz and his olympian worthy jumps!
- Highly trainable breed
- Lots of energy
- Friendly with people
- Has a quirky (dressage type) walk!
- Loves playing with balls / toys
- Not had any formal puppy training classes but would benefit from them
- Loves company and laying on your lap!
- Ok with other dogs - likes to play chase. We are doing some further socialising with him
- Travels well in the car
- Commands - sit, paw, stay, gently & lay down
- Not house trained, previously trained on puppy pads
Buster - Bulldog X Whippet, 2yrs approx.
Buster arrived with us through no fault of his own. Sadly his previous owner had became homeless. It was an incredibly heartbreaking situation, the previous owner had Buster in kennels for as long as possible and eventually ended up living in a car together. It was a very hard to part with Buster but ultimately the best thing to do for him.
Buster is a very sweet boy, he adores people and giving kisses! He's incredibly friendly and loves a cuddle. Buster walks well on the lead.
- Buster is used to being left and is not destructive.
- House trained
- Can be unsure around other dogs - he was bitten and since has built up a fear.
- Never been introduced to cats
- Will need to be the only pet in the household
- Not lived with children before
- Commands- Sit, lay down, paw, up, stop and drop