If you are interested in rehoming one of our cats
Please give us a call first to discuss whether you are suitably matched and we can then arrange an appointment to meet your chosen cat.
The rescue is open to the public for viewing between 11.30am - 3.30pm daily. You need to make an appointment via telephone prior to arrival. Then report to reception on arrival and a member of staff will show you to the cattery. The fee for adopting a cat is £75.00. They are all vaccinated, microchipped, de-flead, wormed and neutered (if old enough) and vet checked.
If you have seen a cat on our website / Instagram / Facebook page that you are interested in please give us a call on 01905 345655 to discuss whether they are still available. Please be aware that we are unable to reserve any animal via phone or email. You will have to visit us and meet the animal before we can reserve the animal to you and start the adoption process.
Upon arrival please report to reception and a member of staff will be able to show you the cattery.
If you would like more information please visit our homing procedures page.
Below are the current cats available for rehoming:
Bo - DSH, 10 yrs
Bo arrived with us due to her previous owners passing, because of this we have limited history on her.
Bo is friendly but can be timid., shes not overly affectionate but does like people and company.
- Likes a fuss and once she gets to know you she enjoys sitting on your lap.
- House cat
- Only pet household - never been introduced to other cats / dogs.
- snoozy girl - always ready for a cat nap!
Ideal home - single household, quiet, no other pets. Perhaps an elderly owner to bond with and spend quality time together.
Cruella - DSH, approx 1 yrs old.
Cruella arrived with us form the vets along with her 3 little kittens who have now been weaned.
When Cruella first arrived she was very temperamental and an incredibly protective mummy! Since her kittens have been weaned and she is no longer on high alert we have seen a much calmer, nicer side to Cruella and we can definitely see her continuing this progress in a new home.
- prefers women
- can be temperamental and unpredicatble - if she chooses you as a friend she's very affectionate but there are certain people she can just take a disliking to for unknown reasons so if she chooses you that is something very special - an honor!
- Likes to have a good chat and natter
- Food orientated!
- Enjoys a head rub
- Only pet household - no other cats or dogs
George- DSH, 13yrs
George came to our rescue after being handed in as a street stray, living in a cardboard box and being fed by members of the public. The original owner has since came forward and identified George however decided that it was in Georges best interests to find a new home.
We do not have much information on George due to background circumstances.
- Loves people but can be a grumpy old man at times - we were told but so far we have not seen the grumpy side to him, he's been a very sweet boy.
- Enjoys a head rub and will lay down for a belly rub too!
- Does not like other cats or dogs.
- Fearful being inside (however since being in the cattery he has settled very well and shows no sign of being uncomfortable being indoors)
- Prefers his four paws on the floor but will happily walk over to your lap for a closer fuss
- Likes to brush up your legs/arms - anything for extra attention!
- Not a fan of being groomed
Pudding - 11yrs & Teddy -6yrs ( TEDDY IS RESERVED)
Pudding and Teddy arrived at Danemere due to their previous owners loosing their home.
We are getting to know both Pudding and Teddy - they have not been with us very long and Teddy especially is very nervous at the moment whilst he is adjusting to the cattery. We will update with our own information once they have settled into the cattery.
Pudding is very confident compared to Teddy and enjoys weaving in and out of your legs and getting as much fuss as he possibly can get. (this is why he only has one photograph at the moment, he would not keep his paws still for long enough!)
Pudding- Black & White
Unfortunately Pudding was severely matted upon arrival. This will need to be kept on top of in his new home to prevent this from happening again. He can get stressed out with clippers but fine to be groomed otherwise.
- Indoor only cat
- Fine with dogs and being picked up
- Very friendly and enjoys a fuss
Teddy- Grey & White
- Friendly but can be shy
- Likes a fuss and doesnt mind being picked up
- indoor cat mainly but has been in the garden
- likes to be groomed
- Avoids big dogs but has lived with a German Shepherd in previous home
- Litter tray must be kept very very clean as he is very particular
Marbles, Marmalade, Moose
Marmalade - Calico, Female
Moose - Black & White, Male
Marbles - Black, Male
Age: 13 weeks approx.
Marmalade, Moose and Marbles are siblings who arrived at Danemere a long with their mum Molly due to the previous owners already having other cats to look after and were sadly struggling to cope with the extra costs and upkeep required.
Cloud - Tabby & White, D.O.B - 29/11/2022
Cloud is one of Cruella's kittens.
His siblings have both found a home together and to stop Cloud becoming lonely we introduced him to the three M's who accepted him as a brother instantly!
All kittens are typical playful, inquisitive, funny little sweet hearts! If they are not curled up together snuggling and snoozing they are playing and climbing and exploring!
- Super purrr'y
- Loves to play
- All kittens are well socialised and enjoy attention and fuss
We would like the kittens to go to their new homes in pairs.
KitKat- Maine coon X, 6 yrs
KitKat has found herself looking fore a new home due to her previous owner moving house and sadly having problems with neighbours which resulted in concerns for KitKats safety therefore she had to be kept indoors which was not fair on her.
- Loves her freedom to explore - will need a home with a cat flap available or regular access to the outside (she's never used a cat flap before)
- Not the greatest road sense so ideal location would be rural / semi rural / a quiet area
- Kit is a very gentle girl, great with strangers, shes an absolute softie
- Lived with a dog in her previous home very happily
- Amazing farm cat - a very good mouser!
- Lived with 4 children previously
- Frightened of hoovers
- Ok with being groomed (most of the time!)
- Loves her head, cheeks and chin rubbed.
Ruddy & Rook - Semi long Haired, D.O.B - 3rd april 2022
INFORMATION AND PHOTOS TO BE UPDATED
Raven & Robyn - DSH,
INFORMATION AND PHOTOS TO BE UPDATED